Welcome!

This blog is designed to inspire all of you out there, seeking ideas for your own events! Please feel free to leave comments, ideas and share your own creations!

Super Bowl in No Time!

So, I had no plans for Super Bowl Sunday. I expected to watch the game with my dad and brother, lay on the couch and down a bag of chips. But at 5:30 in the afternoon, my cousins, who had been invited for lunch said "Turn the TV on" and I found myself hosting an impromptu Super Bowl Party!
So what do you do when you have at least five hours to fill, 4 guys to feed and an empty fridge? Here's what I did:

First of all, thank God for our big lunch! That gives you at least an hour and a half to prepare yourself and only offer drinks, which thankfully, I had enough of!
I did a quick inventory and found a jumbo pack of franks, ketchup, mayo, mustard, half a bag of Chip Scoops, an avocado and hot sauce.

So I started boiling the franks and whipped up some pink sauce. Cut the franks in small bites and served with toothpicks. What a hit!


For the chips, I cut some avocado, added a few drops of olive oil, some salt and hot sauce. Best guacamole ever!


I kept that coming for a while...and my cousins will be over next year for Super Bowl Sunday! I'll make sure to have the pool warmed up, the grill ready and enough food to feed the army of four!
Remember, hosting a party is possible, on virtually any budget and time of preparation! You just need to focus and make unique creations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment